Should I kick my flatmate out?

Useful information for all tenants in UK. Tips, tricks and guides how to find the right new property that suits your needs. Rent Direct UK team and our members are ready to help you and all our members are free to post comments and articles on our new forum.

Should I kick my flatmate out?

Postby Adam » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:51 pm

My new flatmate initially seemed nice. But after a few weeks she now totally blanks everyone in the house and makes it a very unpleasant place to live. However, technically she has done nothing wrong – she is tidy, quiet and polite, but she has ruined the vibe of the place. Should I kick her out? Adam, London
Adam

Re: Should I kick my flatmate out?

Postby Ali » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:52 pm

I take it your new flatmate hasn't joined in your late-night living-room karaoke sessions. She hasn't suggested playing Twister, clothed or otherwise. She doesn't hand-jive her way to the front door in the morning. Give the girl a break! Introversion is not a crime. With time she may well come out of her shell, so try to make her feel comfortable. Moving in with

you and your "vibe" may not have been all that easy, Adam. If after several months she really does turn out to be a bit of a cold fish (never catches your eye, paints the walls black), you may have to take action. But the first rule of advert-based flatsharing is not to invest or expect too much emotionally.
Ali

Return to Tenant News