Halfway through the year - how would you sum up 2011 for you

Useful information for all tenants in UK. Tips, tricks and guides how to find the right new property that suits your needs. Rent Direct UK team and our members are ready to help you and all our members are free to post comments and articles on our new forum.

Halfway through the year - how would you sum up 2011 for you

Postby Zac » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:50 pm

As it says in the title really

I have found 2011 t,o be the year of the break up - I do not have one friend in my close circle that has not broken up this year - long relationships too.

Overall, its been a reasonably good year for me but does not seem to have been for many others.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Zac

Re: Halfway through the year - how would you sum up 2011 for

Postby Daniel » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:51 pm

A rollercoaster of a year so far.
Daniel

Postby Lady x » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:51 pm

An uphill struggle.
Lady x

Postby Donna » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Very good so far - 3 children in their 20's progressing well, had the holiday of a lifetime in South Africa, marriage in 31st year and going well (as far as I can tell )business steady in difficult times.

Hopefully it will continue but I'm well aware that things can take a turn for the worse at any moment.

I try to take nothing for granted.
Donna

Postby T Dickson » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Not great.

In January we found out my mum's cancer was still inoperable - they'd been hoping for a while that it might become operable after they did radiotherapy last summer. In February my mum had Cyberknife treatment, so things seemed really positive. But in April my mum got jaundice and diabetes and ended up in hospital for two weeks. They were 'cautiously optimistic' that it was the result of inflammation from the Cyberknife. But this week they did another scan and found lesions in the liver, which means it's started to spread. They're doing palliative chemotherapy soon, but it's not going to be a long time I don't think. Maybe a year if we're very lucky and the treatment works.

So it's not been a great year, no. None of us were really expecting this already I don't think, even though we know all the statistics involved.

But on the positive side, there have been some great times so far. I had a great 22nd birthday, I got my third kickboxing belt (huge achievement for me ). I spent an afternoon/evening on a shift with the Met Police which was pretty awesome! Had two great nights at Westlife with my mum, Boyzone (reliving my childhood!), Jason Manford, and Take That in a couple of weeks. Did ok at uni considering everything, and my student advisor said my supervisor was very impressed with my work, which is good because I liked our project. Get my final year degree results today, so hopefully that will make the year slightly more positive too.

Nervous about degree results now though!

(Oh, and to everyone who's not having a great year so far - look after yourselves, and I hope things get better soon. x To everyone who is having a great year, I hope it continues!)
T Dickson

Postby George Jensen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:53 pm

2011 has been a big year for me so far.

During Christmas/New Year time I was certain something was not right. Went to the docs in the new year and asked for a test for diabetes. I was correct and was diagnosed type 2.

Since the diagnosis, I changed my diet. I went from sausage butties for breakfast to wholegrain cereal and fruit, full fat milk to semi-skimmed, 3 sugars in my coffee down to 0, sweets for snacks to dried fruit or nuts and seeds...

I stopped smoking. Am now roughly 15 weeks since my last one. Completely off all nicotene patches and such like now.

I joined a gym. Around 3 or 4 month now and been getting on great. Noticing big differences.

Got a new car. Got a new job.

So... 2011 would be summed up as change!
George Jensen

Postby Eddy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Mines been okay overall but a bit stressful work related. Got made redundant just before xmas last spent Jan trying to find another job, got on on a temp-perm basis start of feb but with a big drop in pay, got made perm at the start of June and back up to my normal salary but now left with trying to get straight with my finances again.

But everything else in my life has been good so cant complain.
Eddy

Return to Tenant News