No deposit required how to dispute

Useful information for all tenants in UK. Tips, tricks and guides how to find the right new property that suits your needs. Rent Direct UK team and our members are ready to help you and all our members are free to post comments and articles on our new forum.

No deposit required how to dispute

Postby Kinsley Teller » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:18 pm

My landlord did not charge me a deposit upon moving in. I thought it was a great idea at first. Now I am really concerned. The landlord made note and told us of things that needed to be fixed and upkept. Now we are 26 days from moving out and I feel when final expection the landlord will still try to charge us. Is there any help for tennants upon move out that you can even hire to dispute unnecessary disceptancys with landlord on tennant behalf?
Kinsley Teller

Re: No deposit required how to dispute

Postby Ian Kemp » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 pm

How can he charge you or make you pay if you never paid a deposit. If he does try to charge you for things which you consider wrong then don't pay. Did you not heed his instructions? If he really feels that strongly he will go to the small claims court to settle the matter - but I doubt he will.
Ian Kemp

Re: No deposit required how to dispute

Postby Beth » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Did you have an inventory?
Beth

Return to Tenant News